Posting to Google Plus via SMS (Text Messaging) is almost a necessity, especially for those used to Twitter. Posting to Twitter via SMS is quite popular, so naturally, Google made sure to include this feature in Google Plus. While SMS is a pretty simple concept, getting an SMS to show up on Google Plus, requires a little more thought.
Posting to Google Plus via SMS, means registering the phone number, text messages will be sent from, on your Google Plus Account. There are instructions, for this process, on a lot of different websites. However, many of the instructions I found were incomplete, inaccurate, or simply didn’t work.
Registering Your Phone Number
- Navigate to https://plus.google.com and sign in
- Click on the Drop Down arrow, in the upper, right-hand corner
- Click on the Account link, in the pop-over
- From the Account Settings Page, Click on the Google+ link, in the left-hand menu
- On the Google Plus Settings Page, click on the link that says: “Add Phone Number”
- Select “United States” for the country.
- Enter your Phone Number.
- Click on the “Send Verification Code” button and follow Google’s instructions.
- Once your Phone Number has been verified, it will be connected to your Google Plus Profile.
* Image(s) Removed Indefinitely
When you are ready to post your first SMS to Google Plus, simply text your post to 33669 (United States).
If you want your post to be public, put “+Public” at the very beginning of your SMS.
If you want your post to be for a specific circle only, put “+YourCircleName” at the very beginning of your SMS.
If you want your post to be for a single person, put “+SinglePersonEmailAddress@Domain.com” at the very beginning of your SMS.
Google Plus Notes
- Public posts, shared on Google Plus are likely to show up in Google Search Results. So, make sure what you are texting, on your phone, is what you want the world to see. Think before you speak (or text).
- SMS/Text Messaging is a service, provided by your Cellular Provider. It is subject to their usage agreements and messaging rates.
- Your Cellular Service depends on your location. So, if you find yourself without access to a 3G/4G Data Connection and can’t get a broadband connection on your Laptop/Tablet, Posting to Google Plus via SMS is an efficient way to continue using Google Plus.
If you need help with Google Plus, Social Media, WordPress or your website, contact me over on https://bamajr.com/; my business’ website.