OMG SHOCKING GIRL DIES! (Not Fake) Prank Gone WRONG!
Here again, Facebook users really need to wake up!
FACEBOOK ALERT: The link circulating around Facebook “OMG SHOCKING GIRL DIES! (Not Fake) Prank Gone WRONG!” is also a SCAM, even potentially dangerous.
You may have even seen it recently, even though it is said to have occurred years ago! It was already out this year around August/September.
How do I know it is a scam?
- The URL http(s)://apps.facebook.com is for Facebook Apps, not profiles, pages or groups. When a person or group wants to raise awareness or gain visibility, it usually isn’t in the form of an app. A Facebook App is for connecting external services such as desktop/mobile apps or 3rd-party websites.
- Facebook already integrates directly with YouTube and most other video content without using questionable 3rd party Facebook Application.
- http://apps.facebook.com/iphonemobilee/ is NOT a genuine iphone app. It is a link to app that will hijack your Facebook user account.
- On the event page, the Facebook Application link is obfuscated by a url shortener.
- If you click on the obfuscated link, you are directed to http://apps.facebook.com/iphonemobilee/, and then asked to grant the bogus Facebook Application permission to do just about anything with the info found on your Facebook profile.
This Facebook message is known to have ties to Web-Browser-Hijacking, Click-Hijacking, Malware, Spyware and Computer Viruses. In fact, if you clicked on the message using a Micro$lop Windoz computer and Micro$lop Internet Explorer, there is a very high likelihood YOUR PC IS ALREADY INFECTED. If you went through the steps to read about this tragic story and are not using an Apple or Linux computer, you absolutely need to have your computer checked out by a professional.
If you want more information about this kind of FACEBOOK SCAM, read the FACEBOOK ALERT: This Girl Killed Herself After Dad Posted This On Her Wall – SCAM article I wrote several days ago. The scam is very similar.